Saturday 20 February 2016

Makeup Haul





Ever since I was little as soon as I got something new I'd have to try it straight away. It didn't  matter if it was new clothes or toys or later makeup I had to try them there and then. My Mam still laughs at me today for it, always saying "Would you not keep it up for something special?". This coming from the woman who finds clothes with tags still on at the back of her wardrobe a year later because she totally forgot she had bought it, saving it for a 'special occasion'. I couldn't be more different when it comes to new things, I've often left a shop in the new clothes I've just bought or gone straight home and taken all my makeup off just to try out a new foundation or lipstick. Which brings me to my newest makeup haul. A great friend of mine stopped by yesterday evening with a brilliant bag of beauty goodies and so me being me had to try them straight away, well first thing this morning. I couldn't even wait to change out of my pyjama's when taking the pictures so excuse the bed hair and mismatched pjs I just wanted to share these little beauties with you as soon as I could.


Primer: L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Base Primer
This is my first time using this product and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. It has a really lightweight texture and feels incredibly soft on application. While the finish is obviously matte it definitely does not leave your skin feeling in any way dry. In fact my face felt beautifully soft, nearly like a thin layer of silk had settled on my skin, gorgeous! This is definitely one I'll be keeping in my daily makeup bag.

Foundation: Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation
This is a primer, concealer and foundation in one which also includes an spf20. I probably didn't need to use the L'Oreal primer first as this foundation has one built into it already but I wanted to try everything so I'm not sure if this review will give a proper reflection of this foundations priming qualities.  Usually I don't go for all in one foundations as I find them a little heavy. I prefer to build up coverage as needed. I was presently surprised by this one though. I expected the consistency to be slightly thick however once pumped out it is quite liquid which I like as a little can go a long way and allows for a more build able coverage. It has a satin finish with coverage being medium to full. The colour I used was natural 50, and I would say that it has a neutral undertone which is great because quite often I find foundations either too pink/cool or too warm/yellow. It hasn't caked on my dry patches which I find a lot of combined foundations do, this may be due to the inbuilt primer or the fact that I had primer already on my face. I think I will definitely give this foundation another go minus the primer to see if it really is as good as it seems to be on first use.

Blush: Max Factor Creme Puff Blush 10 Nude Mauve
I used this on my cheeks and along my forehead and chin to add a little warmth to my face. It's a nice neutral colour, great for an everyday makeup look. This will be great for the summer too just to dust along the face as it gives a lovely natural tanned look. I thought before I opened it that it was going to be a creme (as the name suggests) however it is a powder consistency with a matte finish. This would make a great eyeshadow base colour too.

Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama 
I usually like Maybelline mascaras and have a good few of them in my kit and will probably keep this one in my kit too. This is maybe not one I'll keep in my daily bag as I'm not a fan of mascaras that have rubber or hard tips  for the brush. I much rather an actual brush bristle to really comb through my lashes. This one does however give really nice lift and coats the lashes without clumping which I find harder brushes usually do. I hate that spider leg lash look! The mascara stays put so no panda eyes mid-day so far!

Lips: Maybelline Baby Balm & Blush in Flirty Pink
I love this packaging. It's very girly and cute, as a result my two little girls have decided its theirs and not mine. I dod manage to slick it onto my lips first and dab a little on my cheeks before they got their little tiny fingers on it. First impressions, nice. It's definitely more of a balm than  lip colour, but I like than. My lips felt smooth and hydrated without being sticky. I really liked it as a blush. In general i love creme blushes and will use this again as the colour is subtle but left my cheeks with a lovely dewy glow. Lovely little multi purpose piece to keep in your bag throughout the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment