Tuesday 13 October 2015

Notox or Botox?


I choose Botox. Let me explain why. I'm 33 and have had two children in two years and it has definitely taken its toll on my face. Sleepless nights, worry and all round life has made my once youthful appearance not so youthful anymore. So after a lot of thought and research I decided to take the plunge and do something about it. Botox for me seemed the right way to go. After all it is the World's most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment with amazing results and no downtime recovery, or so I’d heard and read. So I booked in a consultation with Excellence Medical and the wonderful Dr. Shunil Roy. I arrived at the exclusive Donnybrook based clinic and was immediately impressed with the stunning surroundings. Dr. Roy showed me into the consultation room where I explained my concerns about my face and he agreed that Botox was the best option for me at this point in time. A full medical history was taken and all questions I had about the procedure were answered thoroughly. I was confident I had made the right decision and so we went ahead with the simple procedure. Let me first tell you how Botox helps to pause the ageing process. Doctors have been using Botox for years to successfully treat wrinkles and facial creases. Botox is a brand name of a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It works by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscle making them unable to contract, in turn making your wrinkles relax and soften. It is most commonly used on the upper third of the face but can be used on the lower third. I opted to have the lines around my eyes or ‘smile lines’ and vertical frown lines treated. It only took a few minutes, the Botox was injected into the specific muscles surrounding my eyes and forehead with a very fine needle. It was pretty painless but I did flinch once or twice! I was advised that it may take 3-4 days to take effect and there may be some slight bruising with results lasting usually around 3-4 months. I left feeling excited to see the results. One week on and I'm a changed person. My forehead looks smoother and I no longer have crows feet around my eyes. My face looks fresher and brighter. I am definitely a more youthful, beautiful version of myself, and I can say without doubt I will be back for a top up.

Excellence Medical
12 Morehampton Road, Dublin 4
+353 (0)1 232 5528
Info@excellencemedical.ie
Www.excellencemedical.ie


No comments:

Post a Comment