Wednesday 17 February 2016

My Daily Makeup Essentials



I'm lucky enough to have quite a large makeup collection but I've only got one face and so many of my beautiful products go unnoticed or forgotten until I do a good clear out. Who else is guilty of hoarding their makeup or impulse buying the latest must have product?
With this in mind,  I've decided to try and declutter and work through the makeup I do have until I REALLY do need something new.  There are however must haves in my makeup bag that I really could not do without. So I've decided to share my makeup bag essentials. Seriously, I couldn't do without these beauties, they make getting ready on a daily basis super quick and easy.

 Primer - Lancome La Base Pro Hydra Glow €36.00
This is such a beautiful primer. It leaves your skin feeling so soft, silky and luminous. I have dry combination skin and so I need a primer to even out my skins dry areas. I usually concentrate the primer around my dry patches for added moisture. This ensures my foundation doesn't dry out and flake on these areas throughout the day. It has a slightly pearlised finish to it too which peeks ever so slightly through under you foundation leaving your skin super dewy looking. It's a little expensive but really worth the investment.



Foundation - Clarins True Radiance in Nude €31.50
I've recently started using this foundation (declutter find!). I'm usually an Armani Luminous silk girl but this foundation is fab. It has a medium build-able coverage perfect for day to night wear. I much prefer to have fresh glowing skin with minimal coverage through the day but definieltly like to have full coverage when I'm going out or have a busy work schedule and this foundation really allows me to have the best of both worlds. Its silky to the touch and glides on beautifully leaving your skin looking dewy and luminous due to its light reflecting pigments. It also has spf15 essential for a daytime foundation as it protects your skin from the suns rays even in our dull Irish weather.


Concealer - Essence 16hr Long lasting Concealer - €3.99 (less than a fiver anyway!)
I use this in the lightest colour just under my eyes and on the lids. I also run it along the length of my nose and a little on my chin then blend it all in with my beauty blender. I've tried so many concealers over the years from high end to budget and this is by far my favourite. It works exactly like Touch Eclat without the price tag. Such a great little face illuminator to have in your makeup bag.


Powder - Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow Muti-Colour N10 €49.00
I know this is a little pricey but a little really does go a long way. I've had this in my makeup bag now for over a year and have barely made a dent in it! Saying that I don't use an awful lot of powder as I have dryish skin but I do use it so set my eyes and brush it across my T-zone to stop any shine. Again this has an spf15 in it but being honest I'm not sure how much protection it would really provide from the suns rays. I think you'd want to be powdering your face all day long for it to have any effect. Aside from that I love it. Its very lightweight and almost transparent. You could also use it as a really light blush.


Contour & Blush - Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette €31.00
My absolute favourite makeup bag essential. Its a little 3 in 1 palette which includes a contour or bronzing powder, highlighter and blush. I'm nearing the end of mine and this will definielty be on my MUST BUY list. Its really compact, so it's easy to keep in your everyday makeup bag. The contour powder is a great colour for subtle shading, while the blush is a peachy rose colour perfect for adding a little warmth to the face. And OH THE ILLUMINATOR!!! Glowy golden highlights without looking light you've dipped your face in glitter. I use this along all the high points of my face - where the sun would naturally hit. My only grip is that I wish the illuminator section was bigger and the blush smaller as I've gone through my illuminator but still have a nearly full blush section left.

Brows - Benefit BrowZings in Medium €34.00
This brow kit comes complete with tweezers (for those pesky strays!), an angled brush and shadow brush for all your brow needs. I use the wax first with the angled brush to create the brow shape that I want then fill in my pretty sparse brows using the tiny shadow brush and medium toned brow shadow, et voila done perfectly defined brows. Such a simple easy to use little brow kit, I'd be lost without it.





Mascara - Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara €28.00
As far as I'm concerned Lancome make the best mascara on the market. I've tried hundreds of different ones and always go back to Lancome Hynose. At the moment I'm using the Doll Eyes one which I really like. The wand tapers at the end so it makes it easier to coat the really fine lashed on the inner corners of your eyes. M
ascara however is something that you probably don't need to spend a lot of money on, I just happen to love Lancome mascaras.




Lipstick - Clinique Pop, Nude Pop €19.50

As I've really dry cracked lips all year long I find this lipstick a godsend. It has a primer built into it with extra moisturising ingredients to smooth and sooth your lips. I love the nude colour too, it has a slightly rosey hue to it leaving your lips looking natural and not too made up. It has a lovely velvety finish and keeps your lips hydrated all day.

You'll notice I don't use eyeshadow or eyeliner on a daily basis as I prefer wearing those for more makeup appropriate occasions. And being honest I couldn't be bothered blending shadow and creating perfect cat eyes everyday. I just don't have the time in the morning, I just about manage to get the essentials on.
Hope this post helps you and gets you thinking about decluttering your makeup kit too.







No comments:

Post a Comment