Saturday 12 March 2016

Makeup masterclass review


I attended the Chloe Boucher Glossybox masterclass today in the Marker Hotel Dublin and thought I’d share my experience with you. For those of you who don’t know Chloe Boucher she is a Youtube makeup Vlogger with a huge following on instagram for her makeup snaps. 

The venue was beautiful. Glossy box and the Marker Hotel had done a great job with the set up. The reception area was filled with beautiful vintage toned roses, tea and coffee stations were dotted around the room (very much welcomed on a Saturday morning!). The masterclass was due to kick off at 10 and we were called to take our seats at 10.15 so not too much of a delay. Rachel Kavanagh the MD for Glossybox Ireland and UK introduced Chloe and moderated throughout the masterclass. For those of you who do not know what Glossybox is it’s basically a box of discovery of new and iconic beauty products which you can subscribe to, to be delivered to your door every month. Each box contains 5 products for you to enjoy. I think the cost to you for your subscription is €14.00 p/month which isn’t bad really considering you get a sneak peak at some really wonderful brands, some high end and some more accessible drug store brands. They had a lovely little cream highlighter in their box this month which I got to see at the masterclass and try which is available in boots I think, unfortunately I can’t think of the name of it right now but will post on my Facebook page if I do remember.
Chloe went about doing her thing while answering questions Rachel asked her about which product she was using. Chloe also advised which brushes to use for each product along the way. Being honest I didn’t really go for her insights on makeup application as I am already a qualified makeup artist I did however want to see how she structured her tutorials. And I have to say I was pretty impressed. She came across as a very nice down to earth girl with a great understanding and passion for what she does. It’s no wonder she has such a huge following. She knows what she is talking about and can also walk the walk. She ran through a very simple natural day look which consisted of the usual primer, foundation, concealer, highlight, blush, colour wash in the eye with a smudged out brown eyeliner and nude lip. She then transitioned this into an evening look by adding a layer of sparkle shadow over the lid and darkened the lip. Very simple yet very effective. (Check out my previous blog series: 'A How to' guide to becoming your own MUA to learn all the tips and trick for mastering your makeup).
I myself have my masterclass debut at the end of the month which I’ve been a little nervous about, and so to see someone who has done it numerous times and feeling confident that I can match her skills made me feel a little better about the whole thing. So thank you Chloe Boucher and Glossybox for a great morning out.
Chloe answered a few quick fire questions in the Q&A at the end. Some of her answers might give you a little insight to this very beautiful yet down to earth girl:
Q. Ketchup pr brown sauce?
A.  Ketchup
Q. Tea or coffee?
A.  Tea
Q. Your last meal?
A.  If I was on death row?? Eddie rockets
Q.  Favourite spice girl?
A.  Posh
Q.  What is your spirit animal?
Q.  What’s your secret talent?

A.  Chloe got a close up on the camera and showed us how she can roll her tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment