Wednesday 9 March 2016

The Body Beautiful

With Summer just around the corner I felt it was about time I started trying to shed my winter skin and lay some ground work for the inevitable shedding of clothes. I’ve been using these products now for the last week or so and as I like them so much I thought I’d share. Two are for the body beautiful and the other an anti ageing face serum which is now a staple in my skincare regime.

So to kick off the summer body battle I’ve been using:

Vichy Ideal Body Oil
The first thing I have to say about this oil is OMG the scent! It’s divine. Really and truly you’ll feel like you've emersered yourself in a bed of wild flowers from Hawaii. Breath deep, it lasts all day. I’ve not even had to use any kind of perfume (I love a good perfume) I smell so  wonderful. Of course besides the amazing smell there are other greater benefits to this wondrous oil. Firstly it is not just a body oil. It can be used as a multipurpose oil, a few spritz’s in your hair, leave in overnight, wash out in the morning and hey presto beautifully hydrated hair.
I however am a bit of a conformist and so as it says body oil I tend to use it only on my body. I spray all over after showering and then gently massage into my skin leaving it to do its magic for a few minutes before I get dressed. Honestly, it’s wondrous the effect it has on your skin. My usually grey skin feels silky soft and looks dewy without feeling oily or sticky in any way. As it’s a dry oil the finish is satiny smooth leaving a slight reflective sheen to your skin. There are also added ingredients to care for your skin such as 10 essential nourishing and soothing oils: Apricot oils, Passionflower, Rice Bran, Sunflower, Rosehip, Macadamia, Jojoba, Black Currant Seeds, Coriander and Corn which bring softness to skin of the body, face and hair.
It is also enriched with antioxidant Vitamin E and Omega 3 and 6 which reinforce the barrier of the skin. While I’m no scientist I’m sure all of these added extras are good for something and for me they seem to be doing the job. I’ve no doubt that I’ll be using this right through Spring and well into the Summer.

Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Body No streaks bronzer
I am definitely not a self-tan girl. I find it time consuming and just never remember to do it the night before and so always end up using instant tan. While I do love the effects it’s not something I do often but I think with this new BB Body from Garnier I’ll be doing it a whole lot more. Now that my body is starting to reap the benefits from the dry oil Ive been using the application of tan has become easier and less troublesome (I’m always the one with streaks on the back of her legs!). Anyway, this 5 in 1 BB body bronzer cream is great. It does al the things a good BB cream does for your face. It hydrates, blurs pores, moisturises, evens out your skin tone along with giving you a  subtle glowing tan. While I may not have my pins out just yet my ankles are starting to peek through on a daily basis and t-shirts (indoors!) are becoming more frequent and so with just a little of this I feel the purple blueness of my winter skin looks a little bit more alive and ready to be bared.

Benefit Instant Comeback Facial Serum

Once again Benefit have come up trumps with this beautiful little booster serum for your face. Suitable for all skin types it promises to hydrate parched skin, protect against the visible signs of ageing ensuring your skin feels plumper, firmer smoother and more radiant. And having tried it for the last week I can say that while it may not be able to turn back the clock it certainly has made a difference. My skin does indeed feel smoother and firmer when I use it as a booster serum under my usual morning and nighttime moisturiser as suggested. A nice addition to your daily skincare regime. The packaging as always with Benefit is also very cute and will look great on your dressing table.

3 comments:

  1. cute page!! I'm just starting a blog and would love for you to check it out ! sammienehmi-bnf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute page!! I'm just starting a blog and would love for you to check it out ! sammienehmi-bnf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, just checked out your blog and have a feeling it's going to be brilliant good luck with it 😘

    ReplyDelete